This is my online diary that describes my participation in the Critical Links Theatre project, supported by the Educational Theatre Association and the Arts Education Partnership.

Monday, January 21, 2008

New Semester

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the second semester, and I have a brand new exploratory drama class to work with for 9 weeks.

My plan is to review the process I have been developing in the first semester. I am going to zero in on process that involves physical actions and voice training. I will be trying to keep it do-able in a regular classroom setting and flexible enough to fit within any academic subject area.

I will assess the new group by recording them reading from a text -- solo and as a group before beginning any theatre work with them.

At the end of the nine weeks, I will repeat the recording process to assess for individual and collaborative speaking improvement. In addition, I will be asking the class's homeroom teacher to make note of any improvements she observes within her classroom.

I plan to blog my daily lessons here over the course of this class.

No comments: